Friday, March 17, 2017

Rubber bands for dinner?? Detox Day 5

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!  I've made it five days!!  And I'm still alive!! 

Today will be a challenge.  It's my first trip snowboarding on my Detox.  Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal, but the people I snowboard with enjoy eating dinner in the pub at the mountain, and having a few beers with it.  They have their own custom beer and it's amazing!  Also,  it's St. Patrick's Day!  No Guinness, No black & tan, nada!! :-(

Early this morning, I went ahead and prepped to make my dinner recipe ahead of time so I may take it along with me to the mountain.  Normally, they frown upon you bringing your own food into their restaurant, which is going to make it tougher.  I will have to find a way to smuggle in my "Kelp Stir Fry"....

Yup, I said KELP.  In a stir fry.

So, what is a kelp noodle anyway?  I grabbed the package this morning, opened it up, and what I found is a mildly salty smelling bag of rubber bands!  LOL!  Not really, but that is actually what they remind me of!!  Here's the package:

I went along with creating the recipe for dinner....sliced, diced, chopped all the veggies, made the special "asian-ish" sauce, and added these nicely rinsed noodles.   After finishing I hesitantly tried the dish, and I have to admit it's quite tasty!!  The noodles have a little "crunch", seem to take on whatever flavor I infused them with (lots of ginger)--not too bad considering what they look like!

The finished recipe looks like this:

I think I may actually make it through dinner at the mountain tonight without sulking!  

Mood = As I'm typing, I'm drinking the morning smoothie.  Slow going because I'm not feeling very hungry.  Still getting pangs of cravings, but mostly at night for coffee, beer and something sweet/crunchy.

Got on the scale this morning and was excited to see I'm 2 pounds lighter!  That's uplifting considering I've estimated these smoothies to be at least 500 calories a pop!  They are jammed with seeds, nuts, hemp....google the calories and they really add up....But, I'm sticking to the plan and am excited to see where I end up at the end of all of this!!

Until tomorrow....have a beer for me!!

Callily


No comments:

Post a Comment