Monday, March 20, 2017

I'm still alive...Detox Days 5, 6 & 7

Sorry for the delayed post folks!  Went snowboarding on Friday night and continued to have a busy weekend!  Time flew by and I never got the chance to sit at the desk and start typing!

The past few days have been just "okay"--definitely getting sick of eating a lot of the same foods/meals each day.  This plan has me making one big meal that I split up into 5 or 7 meals for the week.  Not sure about you, but after the 2nd or 3rd time eating it, I'm done.  I would say that's been a big challenge for me.  Especially if it's a meal I'm not that jazzed up on to begin with.  This week it's chicken soup----whoopee!!  (insert sarcasm here)--not a huge fan of chicken soup....

Yesterday I got to make a sweet potato hash for breakfast that was missing one thing...eggs.  Otherwise, it would have been amazing!  Today, I'm back to my smoothie, that I actually really love and look forward to.  It keeps me full all morning and tastes great!

During this detox, I've been thinking of the folks that normally do not eat or like veggies/smoothies/prep work, etc. and wondering how they would do on this plan.  I would think that by the end of the first week, they would tap out.  It's a BIG COMMITMENT with the amount of food prep, expense, time, and sacrifice.  I'm one of those folks that is used to vegan/paleo and limited foods, and I'm struggling here.  All I can say is if you decide to try it, prepare well in advance by limiting your sugars/grains/caffeine/alcohol now......

The biggest disappointment came in the form of my SNACK that I am allowed to make for in between meals (or some have it for breakfast if they are not into smoothies)--it is a "blueberry bar".

I followed the recipe and it included everything from blueberries, shredded coconut, walnuts, chia, etc.  all mixed in with coconut oil.  Sounded and smelled delicious while I was putting it together and I couldn't wait to try it!!! Once it set up in the fridge for a bit, I grabbed a square to try.....now, put yourself in my shoes:  Looking for a bit of a sweet bite,  a week of no sugar or anything sweet, ....just looking for a nice crunchy snack to have with my tea......only to have my hopes DASHED with the first bite of this "bar"--it tasted like oil.  Just oil.  No sweet, no crunch, nothing but oil!!!  Major sigh.  Yeah, that snack went right into the bucket.  Bummer.

So,....Moving onto week 2.  Hoping it gets a little easier.....

Callily





No comments:

Post a Comment