Thursday, January 30, 2014

Smelling good, and feeling good about it!

I've always been a big fan of fragrances.  I truly believe that out of my 5 senses, the sense of smell has to be the one I'd miss most if I lost one.  I love candles, aromatherapy, perfume, incense, you name it.  I really feel that a smell can conjure up many memories in an instant.  Kind of like music, you know?  

I really struggled when I decided to eliminate all of my beauty products that contained harmful chemicals.  One of the biggest offenders is perfume.  Most of the ingredients I can't even pronounce, and putting them onto my skin (the biggest organ) is just a risk I didn't want to take anymore.

My dilemma went like this:  I was the biggest fan of a retail store (which shall remain nameless) that sold many types of body lotions, shower gels, and fragrances.  All of which I absolutely LOVED to wear.  And then I checked the ingredients.  Major bummer.....That was a really rough day :-(

Well, after some research, I found this really nice, simple fragrance while visiting Sephora one day.  The company is called Lavinila and they make about a half dozen vanilla type fragrances in spray and oils too.  

After trying a few of them, I really settled on the plain and simple "Pure Vanilla".  It smells so pure, not heavy, and it's completely natural with no unnecessary chemicals.

Here is the link here:

Lavanila Perfume Link

This is a really great company that promises to keep their products safe and healthy.  Check out their all natural deodorant too, I love it just as much as their perfume!!

No comments:

Post a Comment